Vampire Lesbians of Sodom
Directed by Dan Tursi
The longest running plays in Off-Broadway history, Vampire Lesbians of Sodom, written by Charles Busch, tells the saga of two fatally seductive vampiresses whose paths first collide in ancient Sodom. Their bitter rivalry as bloodsuckers but more importantly, as actresses, endures for two thousand years with stops along the way in 1920’s silent movie Hollywood and contemporary Las Vegas.
Some roles doubled
- The Succubus in Sodom/La Condesa a Hollywood star in 1929/and the cleaning woman in Las Vegas present day
- A virgin sacrifice in Sodom/Madeline Astarte a stage actress from new York 1929/and the star of a flashy Las Vegas show.
- Ali and Hujar-two guards in the days of Sodom. Also chorus boys in Las Vegas- Zack and PJ.
- King Carlise a silent movie idol Hollywood 1929 with a secret. Can also be one of the chorus boys.
- Etienne La Condesa’s butler – scary looking in a Riffraff sort of way. Can also play Danny.
- Renee Vain a young luscious starlet wanting to make the big time Hollywood 1929. Engaged to Queen…I mean King Carlise. (she may also play Tracy).
- Oatsie Carewe, a gossip columnist turning into the vampire hunter Hollywood 1929.
- Tracy an aspiring singer- Las Vegas.
- Danny – a chorus boy
The World of Ray Bradbury
Directed by Ty Marshal
“The World of Ray Bradbury” is a collection of three short plays by science fiction author Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451).”The Veldt” is a story of children abandoned by modern parents to the desolation of the Screen — and of how thwarted imagination takes its vengeance, the predators of the mind growing literally red in tooth and claw. “To the Chicago Abyss” is a picture of the evocative power of tender trifles, restoring the rudiments of order after the Bomb has fallen. “The Pedestrians” has to do with two men flung into prison for preferring nocturnal strolls to the compulsive TV screen.
Some roles doubled/Performances will be in rep
- George Hadley/Thirty six year old salesman
- Electrician/typical workman
- Lydia Hadley/George’s thirty two year old wife
- Peter Hadley/twelve year old boy (consideration for ages 16 – 25)
- Wendy Hadley/thirteen year old girl (considerations for ages 16 – 25)
To the Chicago Abyss:
- The Old Man/a street person
- The Young Man/a ruffian
- The Stranger/an underground leader, about 40 yrs old
- The Wife/The strangers timid wife
- The Policeman/ a wheedling bully
- The Boy/a watchful 11 year old (considerations for ages 16 – 25)
- Possible extra: Woman on a park bench
- Two Men
Dark Play or: Stories for Boys
Directed by Ty Marshal
A teenage boy’s fictional internet identity begins as a harmless game. But the game takes on a frightening reality when it’s overwhelmed by real emotion. When the virtual world and the real one collide, Nick’s fantasies of love, intimacy, obsession and betrayal spiral out of control, leading him to the brink of death.
- Nick/college student
- Adam/college student
- Male Netizen (Doubles as other characters)
- Female Netizen (Sarah/Ms Spiegel/Mother/Olivia)
The Marvelous Wonderettes/Caps and Gowns
Directed by Dan Tursi
The sequel to the smash Off-Broadway hit musical! We’re back in 1958, and it’s time for The Marvelous Wonderettes to graduate in this long-awaited sequel to the smash off-Broadway hit! Join Betty Jean, Cindy Lou, Missy, and Suzy as they sing about their final year in high school, celebrate with their fellow classmates and teachers, and prepare for their next step toward a bright future. Act Two zooms ahead to 1968, where the girls perform as bride and bridesmaids to celebrate Missy’s marriage to Mr. Lee! Featuring “Rock Around the Clock,” “At the Hop,” “Dancing in the Street,” “River Deep, Mountain High,” and 25 more hits, The Marvelous Wonderettes: Caps & Gowns will have your audience cheering for more!
- BETTY JEAN – Female. Betty Jean is the self-anointed clown of the group, always vying for attention from her best friend Cindy Lou. Her hair is red/auburn. (Alto with strong low range.)
- CINDY LOU – Female. Cindy Lou is the “bad girl” of the group. It seems that things always go her way, making Betty Jean crazy. (Mezzo Soprano with belt–sings lead on many songs.)
- MISSY – Female. Always the over-achiever of the group, Missy is the one to cover for mistakes and is always ready to jump in and save the day. She has been best friends with Suzy since elementary school. (Soprano with wide range and very high vocals.)
- SUZY – Female. Gum-chewing Suzy is happy-go-lucky, a little giddy and a little silly. She finds great pleasure in everything she does; the sillier it is, the more fun she finds it. Her best friend is Missy. (Mezzo Alto with a sweet, soulful sound and big belts.)